Sunday, February 14, 2010

Getting Ready for Baby


Gosh, there is so much to do in order to get ready for this little guy. Not only do I have a lot to do, but I also feel like I should work as much as possible. I would like to have “enough” money saved in the bank while I’m on maternity leave. Can you really ever have “enough” saved?! Sterling has been really busy getting things ready for baby. After a couple trips back and forth (we locked ourselves out), Ster finally had the extra bedroom cleaned out and the crib all set up. I have to say I was pretty impressed with Ster as I watched him assemble the crib. He put that thing together so fast! It’s weird to look in that room now and instead of seeing Sterling’s hunting stuff I see a baby crib. Oh BOY! We still have so much to do. Our “to do” list on our fridge is getting longer and longer, thanks to me.
Last weekend my sister-in-law, Becky had a baby shower for me. It was so nice. I have to admit I kind of hate being in the spot light (I know you’re surprised). It’s hard when you have all your favorite people around you and you want to make sure to talk to everyone and thank everyone. Becky made me this really cute blanket. I love homemade blankets the very best. BryAnn also made me some blankets and burping cloths. I really need to learn how to make blankets. I also got a ton of other great gifts. It’s hard to tell what I’m really going to need. I noticed this when I was registering. How the heck is a new Mom suppose to know what her baby is going to need? Oh well. I guess you live and learn. I’m so thankful for all of my friends. I was so excited to see all of them at my shower. We don’t seem to get together enough anymore. It’s weird to think how long I have known these girls and how much we have all grown up. I feel so blessed to have amazing friends in my life.
I’m now 33 weeks pregnant. WOW! I’m getting pretty close. I have felt great up until about a week ago. I’ve recently started to feel really big and not comfy any more. I have a really hard time sleeping at night. I also seem to be experiencing Braxton-hicks. Its funny cause the first part of my pregnancy I felt great and really all the way up until this last week. I’m pretty sure it’s because my body is telling me to SLOW DOWN. I’m still working both jobs and I have to admit if I still keep feeling this way I will have to cut down on work. SCARY! Ster has been so supportive during my pregnancy, yes he does like to joke about my belly and give me a hard time, but he always makes sure I’m as comfy as I can be and that I’m feeling okay. He is going to be such a great Dad, I just can’t wait.
Last Sunday, Becky and Austin blessing their cute little twin girls. Austin and Becky’s Dad did such a great job on the blessings, and the girls looked so cute. The next baby blessing we will attend will be for our son. WEIRD!

No comments: