Monday, March 22, 2010

Full Term

Yep, that's right as of today, I'm officially full term. It's weird that at only 37 weeks you are considered full term and if my water broke or I started going into labor my doctor wouldn't stop it for happening. I'm so excited and nervous and overwhelmed! YIKES! Last week I started seeing the doctor once a week. When I went last week I was 60% thinned out and not dilated at all. I have to be honest I had mixed feelings when the doctor told me that I wasn't dilated. I was happy because last week would have been too early for our little guy and also because I have clients booked until the 20th of March. My actually due date isn't until the 28th of March but for some reason I think I will go early. (Unless I just jinxed myself and now I will probably go over due). I was also sad because I really can't wait to meet him and see who he looks like. These past couple of weeks have been a little harder than the first 7 1/2 months. I have had really swollen feet and hands and I can't sleep very well, and I have to get out of bed a couple times each night just to go to the bathroom. I still have zero energy! Which is just fine cause Sterling has been amazing! He has helped me out a lot with getting things ready for this baby. I just leave him a list of things I need help with and he gets everything done! The nursery is almost ready. This past week Sterling's Mom bought the bedding for the nursery, Sterling assembled the car seat and stroller, put up new blinds, and hung a picture for me. I'm just waiting on my parents to get the dresser, then we will be all ready! At least I hope. I have one more last baby shower this weekend that my Mom and sisters' are hosting for me. I'm pretty excited to see my extended family. After this weekend we can relax and wait for baby Headrick to make his long awaited appearance! I guess I really can't say long awaited because when I think back over the last 8 months it really has gone by pretty fast for me. I think it helped being pregnant during the holidays, plus Grandma Anderson took me to Disneyland, and then Ster and I went to Vegas, and on top of it all I'm still to this day working two jobs, I guess you can say I've been pretty busy and it has for sure help.

No comments: