Monday, March 22, 2010

Finally Some Progress

Today I'm 38 weeks pregnant. WOW!! I honestly can't believe it. I feel like this pregnancy has gone by so fast, except when I think back and remember that I found out I was pregnant in July of last year just a couple days before Sterling's 24th birthday! Now I'm 12 days away from my due date. I have felt amazing these past couple of days, even with working as much as I have been it's seriously been FABULOUS! This past week has been jam packed with lots of things to do. First, I have been needing to go to the eye doctor, for who knows how long, and I finally made an appointment because I was a little nervous that maybe something would happen with my contacts and I only had one pair. I first have to say that I hate going to the eye doctor, I have to be the most inpatient person in the whole world because I can't stand waiting. After 3 hours at the eye doctor I was finally able to cross "get new contacts" off my list of Things to do before Baby comes. One of my favorite things I was able to do last week was spend some much need time with some of my very best friends. The reason for our get together was for Shelby, who is getting married next month. We all went over to Val's house and Val cooked us a fabulous spaghetti dinner. We ate and gossiped all night. I know I say this a lot but I feel so very lucky to have these ladies in my life. We have been friends since grade school and we are all so different from one another but yet we can all get along and enjoy each other company. Also this past weekend my wonderful Mother and sisters' hosted my very last baby shower for all my extended family. Its was so nice and I received a lot of gifts from my family. The food we had was amazing too. My Mom served sandwiches, salads, cheesecake, and my very favorite SLUSH. My cute little nieces "helped" me out with opening all my gifts. I had to keep telling Izzy and Alyssa to slow down and wait for me to open my gift before they start opening the next one. After my shower I spent some time with my favorite person, my DAD. We went to pick me out a dresser for the baby's room. It's so nice to spend time driving around and talking with my Dad. We finally found a dresser and my Dad and Ster got it all set up for me. The baby's nursery is finally all coming together. My " To Do Before the Baby Comes" list is slowing getting everything checked off. Ster and I spent all day Sunday getting things ready. Ster assembled the bouncer and the swing and I cleaned and organized the nursery. After that we took all the gifts that needed to be returned back and then enjoyed a nice dinner at my mother-in-laws. Its all coming together and I'm starting to get so excited and nervous!!Which brings us to today. I went to my weekly doctor's appointment and to my surprised I was dilated to a 2 and 80% thinned out. WOW!! The doctor said it could be any day! I only ask that I have this child in March and the doctor promised me that this baby boy will be arriving in March! I can't hardly wait. I have such mixed feelings about having this baby. I have to admit that I have kind of liked being pregnant, not that I would want to be pregnant all the time, but I feel like people make it out to be so awful. I think its all your attitude. I for sure have had my fair share of bad and very long days but at the end of it all you get to be a Mom and I'm not sure how that's going to feel but I have heard its an amazing feeling to be a mother. I can't wait for the next chapter in mine and Sterling's life. It's going to be a wild and exciting time, we will have our ups and downs but I know we will always be happy. Hopefully my next post will be my labor story and if its not then that's ok too!!

1 comment:

The Baldwin's said...

yay Headrick's I'm so so excited for you!! little boys are the best, you two will be on cloud 9! good luck with everything, you will do such an amazing job and I can't wait to see what he looks like! Congrats you guys!!