Sunday, February 14, 2010

Vegas, Garth Brooks, and 32 Weeks

Two weeks ago, Ster and I along with our two best friends, Heather and Aaron, took a weekend trip to Las Vegas. We had so much fun. The reason for the vacation was first because we bought tickets to Garth Brooks and second it would be the last trip Ster and I would go on for a while. Our vacation didn't start out as planned though. First our flight was delayed, due to the weather, so we were stuck at the Salt Lake Airport for 6 hours. Heather and I made the best out of it while Ster and Aaron were a little bit more annoyed. It was funny because Aaron kept saying in this amount of time we could have drove to Vegas, which is true, but flying is so much easier. When we finally arrived in Vegas it was late and we were hungry. We stayed at the Mirage and the rooms were fabulous. We had so much fun there. Ster met Antonio Gates (he's probably one of the best tight ends in the NFL according to Ster.) My favorite part of our vacation was seeing Garth Brooks play live. He probably my favorite country singer ever!! He was amazing, Trisha Yearwood even came out and sang with him. The concert was worth every single penny I spent. I only wish Ster would have won so we could have had some extra money.Being Pregnant in Vegas was not so much fun though. I got tired really early, my feet hurt, and we had to make sure to eat all three meal so I wouldn't get sick. All in all though I'm so glad we went. It was nice to spend 4 days with just Ster. We really needed that time together away from our jobs.
Only 8 weeks left until we get to finally meet our son. I'm so excited! I have been feeling great for the most part. Recently, I have been feeling extra tired. I have had a hard time waking up in the morning and even harder time getting out of our bed. No new cravings to report, actually nothing really sounds good to me anymore but I know I need to eat. Its really funny cause I'll be so hungry I feel like I could eat a whole house and then I start eating and I'm full after a couple of bits. Being pregnant is so weird. Baby Headrick is still really active. I can't wait to see him. I wonder all the time if he will have red hair or if he will look more like Ster than me. Either way his due date is approaching faster and faster, and we still don't have a name yet. After our vacation to Vegas Ster and I have a lot to do in order to get things ready for Baby Headrick.
My Aunt Debbie and Uncle Brent were so nice to give us their crib. Eli barley slept in there and it looks brand new! Ster cleaned out all his hunting stuff and got the room all cleaned out and ready for the new crib. He assembled that crib so fast, its weird looking into that room and seeing a crib all set up. I can't wait to have my son in there too. We still have a long list of things to do and I hope I have enough time. I just hope these next 8 weeks treat me good.

1 comment:

Teandra said...

i love g.brooks! I'm jealous, it sounded fun.