Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Why don't you ask Bentlee"

Last Friday night Ster and I stayed in and babysat Alyssa and Lucas. Kim and Mark were going out with some friends and I offered my services ( what an awesome sister I am. J/K). Sometimes I have a hard time with babysitting because first I'm a little selfish with my time and also my house is a little too small for children to really have fun. Plus I have no toys ( just ask Tommy. He reminds me all the time). BUT I do love to spend time with my nieces and nephews so I do try to offer help as much as I can.

Anyways back to Friday night. I have never babysat Lucas before but a couple weekends ago I babysat Ellie (another niece) and decided that I could handle babys. I could tell Kim was a little nervous about leaving Lucas with me ( I'm a little inexperienced ). Everything was going great. Lucas was being so good and was playing with some toys ( Alyssa and Lucas had to bring their own) on the floor while Alyssa became our personal cook (Like Mother Like Daughter). She helped Ster make her own hot dog on the BBQ and then helped make "chocolate" brownies with me, which ended up all over Alyssa, the floor, the walls, and me. After cleaning everything up I started to get the kids ready for bed. Luke was getting a little fussy and I started looking for his Bink. I couldn't find it anywhere until Alyssa told me to ask Bentlee.

What???!!!






Bentlee strolled into the living room sucking on Luke's Bink. I think Bentlee was getting a little jealous of all the attention we had been giving the kids. I guess this was her way of getting our attention back. What a weird dog..


FYI: I didn't give Luke's Bink back to him. I threw it away.

2 comments:

Kim said...

thanks again for watching the kids! And also for not putting the binki back in Luke's mouth after Bentlee had it!! love ya

The Sivulich's said...

That is one of the funniest storys ever !!! What a funny dog.