Monday, September 21, 2009

About a week ago I had my 1st official doctors appointment as a mom to be. The reason why I say "1st official" is because Dr. Later was so nice to let Ster and I meet him at the hospital one Sunday morning when I was only 6 weeks along so we could see what was cookin' inside. As of right now I'm 13 weeks. Anyway, I was really nervous about going to my appointment because I knew that I would have to get blood work done and I always pass out when I get my blood drawn.

My 1st appointment when a little like this. Ster and I drove up separately because right after we both when to work. On my way to my appointment, which is at Alta View hospital, we got stuck in the morning traffic and because I was already so nervous about getting my blood drawn I started to stress a lot more. We finally made it to the doctors office and started filling out all the paper work. Jeez, they sure do ask some weird questions on those forms. When we met with Dr. Later, which is also a very good family friend, we were able to do another ultrasound. It was so neat to see how much baby Headrick has already grown since we saw it last. I started laughing during the ultra sound cause I knew I was about to cry and I didn't want to cry in front of Ster and the Doctor. After the ultra sound I had to get my blood work done. Boy, was I so nervous. I told the nurse that I usually pass out when I get my blood drawn so I needed to lay down, as she was getting everything ready I just laid there scared!! The nurse was trying to make small talk with me to get my mind off what she was about to do. She ask me to spell my last name and I was so nervous I couldn't spell it for her. Ster just laughed. I had to say that when it was all done I felt only a little pinch and I didn't get sick at all. My nurse was the very best and I hope she can always do my blood work.

Being pregnant is so weird. You really do feel like a crazy person. Your moods go up and down like your on a crazy roller coaster and your body starts changing so fast. I have felt so lucky because thus far I have felt pretty good. Besides the fact that I feel tired all the time and my body physically can't work as much as I would like it to. I can't wait to be a Mom and bring this new life into this world. Ster will be such a great Dad, I can already tell and sometimes he is more excited than I am, mostly on the days that I'm not feeling the best. So my next Doctors visit is on October 3rd, which is a week before Bobby gets home from his mission! YAY! I can't wait to see him again.

No comments: